LoLita ToneyDirector of Development and Chief of Staff
LoLita D. Toney, M.A., M.B.A. (Ph.D. Candidate), is a business and community leader who is driven by her passion of helping people and organizations connect the dots. She is the managing director of Ivy Business Solutions, who also serves as director of development for the National Museum of African American Music. LoLita is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Business Psychology from the The Chicago School of Professional Psychology and is a graduate of Nashville’s Trevecca Nazarene University where she earned a bachelor of arts in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources, and successfully completed a master’s degree in Organizational Management and an MBA.
She built a successful career in pharmaceutical sales on AstraZeneca’s cardiovascular team. LoLita also enjoyed a prosperous higher education career, working in community relations and fund-raising positions at Meharry Medical College, Belmont University, Tennessee State University and Fisk University. While working in higher education she was bitten by the teaching bug and has been an adjunct instructor in the College of Business at Tennessee State University since 2003. Prior to launching Ivy, LoLita was a managing director at a local recruiting firm, an affiliate of a global executive search firm, where she focused on executive searches for government, education and non-profit organizations and middle management technical recruiting. A native Nashvillian, LoLita served on active duty with the U.S. Army in Frankfurt Germany and the Gulf War. She was a 17-year member of the Army Reserve and National Guard. LoLita is a graduate of Officer Candidate School, where she earned the recognition of her peers as Outstanding Candidate School graduate.
She is a recipient of the Nashville Cable Civic Outreach and Rising Star Awards, ATHENA nominee, a National Coalition of 100 Black Women Davis-Galloway nominee and was a Nashville Business Journal Woman of Influence and Nashville Emerging Leader Awards Finalist.
Her professional and community associations include:
- Leadership Tennessee Class of 2016/2017
- Past President, YWCA Junior Board, Nashville Cable, Nashville CARES and the Greater Nashville Chapter, National Black MBA Association
- Chair, Women’s Political Collaborative of TN, Board Member, ATHENA International Board, Nashville Classical Charter School and Renewal House
- Former Board Member, Nashville Cable, Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center, YWCA of Nashville and Founding Chair of the YWCA Junior Board, Young Leaders Council, Tennessee Women’s Political Caucus, Breast Cancer Coalition and Former Member, YWCA Nominating Committee, Girl Scouts Council of Middle Tennessee Nominating Committee. Volunteer Review Team, United Way of Middle Tennessee and Breakfast Club of Nashville
- Member, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, LINKS, Incorporated – current Scott Hawkins Leadership Institute Fellow, Top Ladies of Distinction, Incorporated, Charter and Former Member Middle Tennessee Section of the National Council of Negro Women
- Leadership Nashville Class of 2011; Leadership Nashville Program Co-Chair 2011-2012
- Chair, 2014 Good Guys Awards and Chair, 2015 ATHENA Awards
She is married to W. Montrell Toney a Nashville Fire Department Captain and has three incredibly talented children – Randall, a mass communications graduate of Texas A&M Kingsville, Brittany, a corporate communications graduate of Southern Illinois University of Edwardsville and Sydney, a biochemistry major at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. LoLita’s spare time is spent with family, traveling, dining and shopping.Back to Leadership